In FY14, Covenant House Missouri served over 5,800 homeless and at-risk youth in need of services.
Immediacy - Young People come to Covenant House Missouri in crisis. Immediately and without question, we meet their basic needs - a nourishing meal, a shower, clean clothes, medical attention, and a safe place away from the danger of the street.
Sanctuary - The young people who come to Covenant House Missouri are often frightened and mistrustful. Covenant House Missouri protects them from the perils of the street. Young men and women can grow only when they feel safe and secure.
Value Communications - Lying, cheating, and stealing are common survival tools on the street. Covenant House Missouri teaches by example that caring relationships are based on trust, respect, and honesty.
Structure - Street kids never know how they will get their next meal or where they will sleep. Covenant House Missouri provides the stability and structure necessary for these young people to focus on building a positive future.
Choice - Young people often feel powerless to control their lives, and fall into a self-defeating cycle of failure. Covenant House Missouri encourages young people to believe in themselves and to make smart choices about their future.
Join our Mailing List!
Stay connected by joining our mailing list. Join here!
Mission & Vision
Statement of Purpose
Covenant House Missouri is a non-profit organization that empowers homeless, runaway and at-risk youth to live independently and become contributing members of our community. With open doors and open hearts, CHMO builds a bridge from homelessness to opportunity.
We who recognize God's providence and fidelity to His people are dedicated to living out His covenant among ourselves and those children we serve with absolute respect and unconditional love. That commitment calls us to serve suffering children of the street and to protect and safeguard all children.
Just as Christ in His humanity is the visible sign of God's presence among His people, so our efforts together in the covenant community are a visible sign of the presence of God, working through the Holy Spirit among ourselves and our kids.
In the third millennium, Covenant House will continue to fulfill its mission by providing shelter and services to children and youth who are homeless or at great risk. In the spirit of open intake, services will be offered to all youth who seek help, with a priority of concern and commitment to those for whom no other service is available.
- We will make every effort to reunite kids with their families.
- We will collaborate with community agencies and associations and actively participate in community efforts to improve the condition of families and children.
- We will advocate with and on behalf of youth to raise awareness in the community about their suffering.
- Our mission is based on faith and in the belief that all children and youth have a right to love, respect and genuine concern. Our individual and shared spiritualities will permeate all our activities.
More than Just a Symbol
The Covenant House logo is more than just a symbol. It is a visual representation of who we are and what we believe:
- An open hand representing the warmth and inclusiveness of Covenant House
- The soaring dove reaching for independence and freedom
- The sun symbol fostering hope and vitality for the future
- The elements are all enclosed in a window formation which represents opportunity and our houses